Haló ás Na Stáltean Aonaichte!

Cò thusa? / Introduce yourself
Skè
Language Level: Beginner- But I will get there!
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Haló ás Na Stáltean Aonaichte!

Unread post by Skè »

Haló!
´S mise Noah agus tha mi ás Na Stáltean Aonaichte (SA)!
Tha glé mhath ann an Houston, TX. (Is that correct? -- ann, as in, in existence).
Tapadh leibh!

-----------------------

Hello!
My name is Noah and I am from the United States (US)!
It is very good here in Houston, TX.
Thank you (all)!

Hello you guys. A quick introduction of me. I love learning languages (I've dabbled with Welsh, Swedish, German is quite advanced, I speak Spanish natively, and a few others to various extents).
I am from the US, but was living in Madrid, Spain for 7 months, working. I am actually now heading to Scotland in August to start a Masters degree in IT! :D

You guys can see now my passion to really learn some conversational Scots Gaelic before arriving at the University of Aberdeen!
I'd honestly love to head to the Gáidhealtachd and practice some Gaelic. Plus, I am a huge outdoors person. I would love to go hillwalking out there. :)

Anyways, I hope to make this forum a fun community that I'll take part in frequently enough to help myself, and others, learn just a little more of Scottish Gaelic.

Thanks guys!

faoileag
Maor

Re: Haló ás Na Stáltean Aonaichte!

Unread post by faoileag »

Halò, Noah!
Fàilte an seo! :D

Apart from your 'Irish' accents (they go the other way in Scottish Gaelic :lol: ), and missing the word for 'it' (e) - glè mhath!

Sounds as if you've got plenty of language-learning background, so good luck with the Gàidhlig!
You won't hear lots of Gaelic in the streets of Aberdeen (maybe you should also learn Doric... :spors: ), but there are places you'll find Gaelic speakers, at the Uni (there are also courses there), and in the Coisir Ghàidhlig Obar Dheathain (Gaelic choir).

If you head into the hills, and want to understand the maps and the landscape, this site may be useful:

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/resourc ... names.html

and this:

http://www.snh.gov.uk/publications-data ... /?q=gaelic
Skè
Language Level: Beginner- But I will get there!

Unread post by Skè »

faoileag wrote:Halò, Noah!
Tapadh leat!

I'll take your advice, and thanks for the welcome. :D
Mairead
Language Level: Intermediate

Unread post by Mairead »

Halò, a Noah! Fàilte. :) Tha mi às Na Stàitean Aonaichte cuideachd, ach tha mi a' fuireach ann an Alba. Tha mi à Wisconsin. Tha teaghlach agam ann an Austin. Ma tha ceistan agad timcheall a bhith a' fuireach ann an Alba an dèidh Na Stàitean Aonaichte, faighnich fèir. :) 'Se tòisichear annam ri Gàidhlig, ach tha Spàinntis agam cuideachd. An toil leat An Spàinnt? Tha mi ag iarraidh a dhol an-sin.

Hello, Noah! Welcome. :) I am from the US too, but I live in Scotland. I am from Wisconsin. I have family in Austin, TX. If you have questions about living in Scotland after the US, just ask. :) I am a beginner with Gaelic, but I speak Spanish too. Do you like Spain? I want to go there.
Tha avatar agam à dhealbh aig mo phiuthar anns an Cellardyke. Tha trì videothan Ghàidhlig agam anns an Youtube.
My avatar is from a photo that my sister took in Cellardyke. I have three Gaelic videos on Youtube.
poor_mouse
Language Level: beginner

Unread post by poor_mouse »

('S e tòisichear a tha annam)
Eilidh -- Luchag Bhochd
Màiri na Coille
Language Level: Beagan ach a fas nas fhearr

Unread post by Màiri na Coille »

Fàilte, a Noah. Tha mi à Illinois, faisg air Chicago. Tha thu math air cànannan! 'S toigh leamsa cànanna, ach chan eil mi cinnteach gu bheil mi math orra. Tha mi air ionnsachadh beagan Laidinn, beagan Fraingis, beagan Gàidhlig...'s fheàrr leam Gàidhlig, gu nàdarach. :D

Welcome, Noah. I'm from Illinois, near Chicago. You are good at languages! I like languages, but I'm not sure I'm good at them. I've studied a little Latin, a little French, a little Gaelic...I prefer Gaelic, naturally.
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Fàilte chridheil ort! :smeid:

Masters in IT, an e? Maybe I can recruit you to help me with my Gaelic FOSS games then :lol:

I'll be happy to share what I'm getting paid for it 50/50 :spors:
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam