Help me with a phrase, I know how to say it, I know the meaning, but i don’t know how to write it!

Ciamar a chanas mi.... / How do I say...
ItalianInSouthUist
Language Level: Just starting!
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Help me with a phrase, I know how to say it, I know the meaning, but i don’t know how to write it!

Unread post by ItalianInSouthUist »

Since I moved here, all my colleagues say this phrase when they’ve done something, so I associate it with “that’s it!” or “all done!”
Yesterday this phrase came out of my mouth too and it felt both natural and weird, as a language I’m so unfamiliar with is creeping into my normal day do day talk.
I wanted to tell my Italian friends about it as I’m on a Facebook group of Italians who love Scotland... but I don’t know how to write it!!!
Now... sorry if it seems silly... the phrase sounds something like “anakatà” :lol: I feel silly even for spelling it like it sounds, but I don’t know how else to explain it!!

camac002
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Unread post by camac002 »

Sin agad e.
ItalianInSouthUist
Language Level: Just starting!

Unread post by ItalianInSouthUist »

Tapadh leat! I could have never guessed that!!
An Gobaire
Language Level: Fileanta

Unread post by An Gobaire »

Pronunciation is something like: Shin akuht eh (in English spelling) but in colloquial speech the "sin (shin)" is often lenited and pronounced "Hin". This is pelled Shin agad e! (which is not pronounced like "sh" in English)...
Dèan buil cheart de na fhuair thu!
AlexAkimov
Language Level: Beginner

Unread post by AlexAkimov »

Yep, it's a very common phrase which can mean "there it is", "there you have it" etc.