Gaelic Learning Website / App

Teicneolas cainnt is cànan, bathar-bog ionnsachaidh / Laguage and speech technology, learning software
Daibhidh Ruadh2

Gaelic Learning Website / App

Unread post by Daibhidh Ruadh2 »

I have been using the Memrise website to help learn vocabulary and wondered whether these courses would be helpful to others. Memrise uses a flashcard system and encourages memes to help people remember. It is free to use, just register with an email address and there are a fair number of Gaelic courses. You will have to click on the Browse button and search for - Gaelic. I have copied a link here to show you an example of one of my courses, in case anyone is interested. There are other courses for absolute beginners and some for intermediate learners.

http://www.memrise.com/course/122634/2a ... s-builder/

It would be great if anyone was interested in creating some more advanced courses, particularly if they had clear pronunciation.

Le durachd,

Daibhidh

~Sìle~
Language Level: Intermediate
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Re: Gaelic Learning Website / App

Unread post by ~Sìle~ »

I've been using Memrise, too, but would like to see more audio files uploaded for each card. I must admit I didn't find that many Gàidhlig language cards on there. Guess I'll have to do some more searching.
Daibhidh Ruadh2

Unread post by Daibhidh Ruadh2 »

Hai Sile,

I have fully fitted all my courses with speech, either from myself or supplied by Storlann. There is also a database of previous contributors that have added their voices to the available library. The more people that add to the database the more different accents will be included in the courses. If you copy the link above into a browser it will log you in as a guest and also give you some other courses to try if you wish to.
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Thanks - I have added this to the homepage :)
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
akerbeltz
Rianaire
Language Level: Barail am broinn baraille
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Unread post by akerbeltz »

Interesting. A touch of proofreading would be good though, the use of accents (it's there on but not on or càite) would probably be a good thing though! It avoids comments getting sidetracked down the spelling mistakes alley when you really want feedback and suggestions about the content.