Campaign For A Falkirk, Stirling & Cumbernauld Nursery

Na tha a' tachairt ann an saoghal na Gàidhlig agus na pàipearan-naidheachd / What's happening in the Gaelic world and the newspapers
Gràisg
Rianaire
Language Level: Caran robach sna laithean seo

Campaign For A Falkirk, Stirling & Cumbernauld Nursery

Unread post by Gràisg »

Sanas naidheachd Fionnlagh

"Campaign For A Falkirk, Stirling & Cumbernauld Full Time Gaelic Nursery!

It grows ever clearer especially by those with a growing awareness of the importance of Gaelic centred intergenerational transmission, as well as those working in the Gaelic medium pre-school sector, that an essential factor of Gaelic language and cultural survival is the creation of a full time Falkirk, Stirling & Cumbernauld Gaelic nursery that will serve a significant number of 0 to 5 year 0ld children found within these areas.

In homes where Gaelic has no recognisable place in the everyday life of a family; the inclusion of the odd Gaelic word here and there, really doesn’t count, action must be taken for bringing children to a comprehensive Gaelic fluency before they reach the age of 2 years; this is in accordance with the necessity for children to be fluent at least 2 years before they embrace formal Gaelic primary location.

Viewed in another way, innovative and stimulating training methodologies are much needed by Gaelic medium pre-school sector staff and teachers and sooner rather than later, in order for the children to be brought to a Gaelic fluency within a 15 week period.

If any of above raises awareness and hopefully, leads you to support this campaign, please get in touch with me Finlay at finlay@cnsa.org.uk or telephone (…01542-836322 or (…07789-826934 so that we can talk about what needs to be done locally with regard to this very important facet of Gaelic continuance.

We would also appreciate it if you would pass this information around as widely as possible, especially with regard to those who would fit within the criteria mentioned above."

Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: Campaign For A Falkirk, Stirling & Cumbernauld Nursery

Unread post by Níall Beag »

For pity's sake, in what way are Stirling, Falkirk and Cumbernauld really that important to Gaeldom? I mean, yeah, sure, nice to have, but an "essential factor" for the "survival" of Gaelic?

Surely it would be better to get things in perspective than blow them out of all proportion?
Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Wait a minute...
Viewed in another way, innovative and stimulating training methodologies are much needed by Gaelic medium pre-school sector staff and teachers and sooner rather than later, in order for the children to be brought to a Gaelic fluency within a 15 week period.
Isn't this the guy that keeps telling us that adults should learn like kids do?

So what's with needing "innovative methodologies" for kids then...?
akerbeltz
Rianaire
Language Level: Barail am broinn baraille
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Unread post by akerbeltz »

Well, tha mise toilichte fhaicinn gu bheil Fionnlagh a' moladh rudeigin a tha ag obair. Nach eil sgoil-àraich ann an Sruighlea mu thràth ge-tà?
Seonaidh

Unread post by Seonaidh »

Chan eil mi cinnteach a bheil no nach eil. 'S ann a tha bunsgoil Ghàidhlig (uill, sruth innte...) - Taobh na h-Aibhne - agus beagan Gàidhlig ri faotainn ann am Wallace High. Sgoil àraich? Chan eil mi cinnteach.

Tha sinn (uill, ann an dà-rìribh tha Anna) dìreach air cumail seachdain chur taic don Ghàidhlig san Rìoghachd. Bha dà ionaid againn, fear ann an Cathair Challdainn/Challdaidh/Chaladain is fear ann an Gleann Rathais. Agus a-nis bidh sinn a' sìreadh foghlaim Ghàidhlig ann am Fìobha (oir chan eil dad sam bith sna sgoiltean an-dràsta). Seo Cearcall Còmhraidh Fìobha.