diploma thesis survey

Càil sam bith eile / Anything else
huraxdax
Language Level: beginner

diploma thesis survey

Unread post by huraxdax »

I would like to invite anyone interested to give a portion of their time to complete a questionnaire on language use.
The results of the questionnaire will be used for a diploma thesis study concerning language use and attitudes towards the Scottish Gaelic language.

The questionnaire will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete and it can be found from here:
http://www.frockl.de

Please help spread this questionnaire (social networks, e.g. facebook, people within your acquaintance,..)

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: diploma thesis survey

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Unfortunately the survey isn't working properly.

It refuses to let me submit the first page without ticking at least one entry in each row, but there is no appropriate box for me to tick as I know for a fact that neither of my parents speak Gaelic and none of my grandparents did.
huraxdax
Language Level: beginner

Unread post by huraxdax »

This failure is well known :( .
I decided not to stop the survey ´cause of the rate of responses until now.
I can´t stop it for replacing unkonwn with unknown and/or no.

Thank you so much for your support!
faoileag
Maor

Unread post by faoileag »

There are quite a few places where I had to pick something inapplicable to move on. The format of the survey is a bit too rigid for such a complex subject, and sometimes choice of terminology (e.g. 'unknown', as Niall says, also 'mother-tongue') makes some questions unclear, for my situation at least. Was it piloted first?

But I hope that it works in general, taken over a large sample. Good luck with it.