Where do we go?

Càil sam bith eile / Anything else
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Where do we go?

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Since freeBB seems to be down permanently, I decided to just go ahead an create a new forum. I have a very stable webhost and I have experience in running phpBB forums, so this one won't disappear into the ether any time soon.

It would be nice to have a forum actually run from Scotland, but I thought this is better than having nothing at all, and it will be reliable. My webhost rocks. If somebody set up something else reliable that we can trust to stay there permanently, and on a server that won't keep going down on us, I'd be willing to help importing the database, so we won't use our posts. Until then, I'll be happy to keep this forum running on my site, since it doesn't cost me anything extra.
Last edited by GunChleoc on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguel
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by miguel »

Very good, thank you very much. I was afraid when I saw that the other forum was dead... Who was the admin ? Do you have news about him/her ?
Bodach57

Unread post by Bodach57 »

Does it really matter where it is run from as long as people can get good advice and a bit of help with their Gaelic?
We'll just have to be a bit careful that we don't make too many mistakes and not be afraid of telling each other when we spot something.
Dè ur bheachd?
GunChleoc
Rianaire

Ceann-feachd owned the other board, but with the board down I have no way of contacting him. And it's not his fault it went down, the forum host just went dead.

Coinneach Cìr has promised to help out, but he's very busy at the moment. I'll make him admin once he shows up. Let's hope we can get some more fluent speakers on board who can help us with the correcting.

And I'm all for correcting each other's mistakes, just don't be afraid to make any! That's why we're learners, we make mistakes :D
miguel

Unread post by miguel »

GunChleoc wrote:Ceann-feachd owned the other board, but with the board down I have no way of contacting him.
Is it not his blog ? => http://ceann-feachd.blogspot.com/
If yes, I think we can contact him by this way. :)
GunChleoc
Rianaire

There's no e-mail link or anything... I guess we could reply to his last entry or something, but he hasn't updated it in ages.
cadalach

Unread post by cadalach »

I've got CF's email address (well, maybe two of them!) somewhere, so I'll send him some info when I get back home (middle of next week).

There's also a chance that we could have a forum over at TnamB, if that would suit folk, but I'll have to check with our kind hosts first...

(That said, I'm more than happy for the forum to stay here -- like someone said above, I don't think it matters too much where the forum is.)
Gràisg
Rianaire
Language Level: Caran robach sna laithean seo

Unread post by Gràisg »

Hi Cadalach, I think a tnamb forum would be good thing and might get a few of the tnamb lurkers writing a thing or two in Gàidhlig.
Coinneach Cìr
Rianaire
Language Level: Fileanta

Unread post by Coinneach Cìr »

Chur mise post-d gu ceannfeachd an-dràsta mu dheidhinn an t-àite seo. :)

I've just sent an email to ceannfeachd about this place.
GunChleoc
Rianaire

Gràisg wrote:Hi Cadalach, I think a tnamb forum would be good thing and might get a few of the tnamb lurkers writing a thing or two in Gàidhlig.
I don't think having too many separate forum is a good thing. I could open a special blog forum here for the TnB crowd, if you feel the need.