Litir do Luchd-ionnsachaidh archives?

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
Brus
Language Level: Beginner

Litir do Luchd-ionnsachaidh archives?

Unread post by Brus »

The new webpage shows episodes with "3 weeks to listen", "2 weeks to listen", etc.

Will there be no more archives?

Ceid
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Re: Litir do Luchd-ionnsachaidh archives?

Unread post by Ceid »

The old archives are still there, under the Foghlam section, but I do not know how long they will continue to be available. Judging by the wording on the archive page and the fact they haven't added the last two Litir to the archive, it looks like they are phasing out the old archives:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/alba/foghlam/learngaelic/litir/

Although the archive is there at the new site (under Tasglann), it looks like Litir will no longer be a podcast that you can download. That's very disappointing. Not being able to download them for personal study kind of takes away some of their value as a learning resource. I'd gripe about that but the BBC really doesn't give one iota what non-UK citizens think (if they care what anyone thinks at all).

I've been grabbing as many of them from the old archives as I can before it's gone. I also have the Clì publication of Litireachan 1-200 from a while ago. That may still be available. It's annoying that the audio is in DVD form but the book's very nice.