Abair Leat! New Irish language social network

Na tha a' tachairt ann an saoghal na Gàidhlig agus na pàipearan-naidheachd / What's happening in the Gaelic world and the newspapers
faoileag
Maor

Abair Leat! New Irish language social network

Unread post by faoileag »

Some déja vue moments here.... but he has seemingly incorporated some lessons learned from other sites. Any Irish speakers on here want to give it a go and report back? :?:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... me_oneline

US comedian and Irish language enthusiast Des Bishop has launched a social network site designed to encourage the use of Irish online.

Aimed at both learners and speakers of Irish, Abair Leat! is the first user generated content application of its kind and allows users to create a personal profile, add friends and exchange messages in Irish.

The core concept of abairleat.com is that at least 70 per cent of all posts and comments must be in Irish. It automatically calculates the percentage of Irish in each post and then invites the user to amend the submission if required.

A spellchecker is provided and an integrated version of Google tr*nsl*t* allows users to tr*nsl*t* any words they do not know.

Speaking at the official launch in Dublin this morning, Bishop said he sometimes receives a negative response when he posts comments in Irish online................

akerbeltz
Rianaire
Language Level: Barail am broinn baraille
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Re: Abair Leat! New Irish language social network

Unread post by akerbeltz »

It's a bit more lively than MG but it's very buggy... this shouldn't have gone to release yet.

Addendum: Just spoken to an admin, they optimised for Chrome only. Jay-sus. I have a new topic for my blog it seems...
faoileag
Maor

Re: Abair Leat! New Irish language social network

Unread post by faoileag »

Ooooooops! :P

Och uill, bha iad a' feuchainn, co-dhiù! :priob:

Mòran taing, Akerbeltz! :D