Help with pronounciation for Audio book recording

Ciamar a chanas mi.... / How do I say...
Apanlove
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Help with pronounciation for Audio book recording

Unread post by Apanlove »

Hi! I´m working in a swedish publisher company and we are about to record Diana Gabaldon's book "Drums of Autumn" from the Outlander series. I want to help the narrator with some of the gaelic pronunciations. I would be so incredibly grateful if someone could help me with a slow and educational recording of the following sentences:

All over the room, benches were shoved back, as men leapt to their feet in alarm, reaching for their pistols. The barmaid leaned out of the serving hatch, eyes big. Rollo came awake with an explosive "Woof!" and glared round wildly, teeth bared. "Tha sinn cruinn a chaoidh ar caraid, Gabhainn Hayes, " Duncan thundered, in a ragged baritone. I had just about enough Gaelic to tr*nsl*t* this as "We are met to weep and cry out to heaven for the loss of our friend, Gavin Hayes!". "Èisd ris!" Jamie Chimed in. "Rugadh e do Sheumas Immanuel Hayes agus Louisa N´ic a Liallainn an am baile Chill-Mhartainn, ann an sgire Dhun Domhnuill, anns a bhliadhnaseachd ceud deug agus a haon!" He was born of Seaumais Emmanuel Hayes and of Louisa Maclellan, in the village of Kilmartin in the parish of Dodanil, in the year of our Lord seventeen hundred and one! "Èisd ris!" This time Fergus and Ian joined in on the chorus, which I translated roughly as "Hear him!".
---
Duncan, drunker than ever, fixed the soldiers at the next table with a baleful glare, sweat pouring down his face. "A Shasunnaich na galladh´s olc a thig e dhuibh fanaid air bàs gasgaich. Gun toireadh an diabhul fhein leis anns a bhàs sibh, direach do Fhirinn!!" Wicked Sassenach dogs, eaters of dead flesh! Ill does it become you to laugh and rejoice at the death of a gallant man! May the devil himself seize upon you in the hour of your death and take you straight to hell!
---
I smothered a yawn. I would be glad to be done with this melancholy duty and on our way to rest, even it the only bed to look forward to was one of piled leaves. "Ifrinn an Diabhuil! A Dhia, thoir cobhair!" "Sacrée Vierge!" My head snapped up. everyone was shouthing, and the horses, startled, were neighing and jerking frantically against their hobbles, making the wagon hop and lurch like a drunken beetle.
---
I glanced at Duncan, who arched his eyebrows at me, shrugged slightly, and sighed. Duncan didn´t care for dogs. "Jamie - " I said. "Balach Boidheach," Jamie said to the wolf. "Are ye no the bonny laddie, then?" "What would he eat?" I asked, somewhat more loudly than necessary. Jamie stopped caressing the beast.

I really hope someone can help me with this :)
/Cecilia

Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: Help with pronounciation for Audio book recording

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Hi, as this is a commercial project, I assume you have a reasonable budget for this...?