Madain Mhath

Cò thusa? / Introduce yourself
RDavidP

Madain Mhath

Unread post by RDavidP »

Madain Mhath. S' mise Daibhidh. Tha mi as na Staitean Aonaichte. Tha mi a' fuireach ann an Maryland. Tha i fliuch agus fuar an-diugh.

And that is the limit of my Gaidhlig. I know I don't have the accents. I haven't turned them on yet. I saw the post on how to do it. I am pretty much just starting to learn Gaidhlig, and have alot of questions that I will be asking later.

An Gobaire
Language Level: Fileanta
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by An Gobaire »

Tha e math daonnan ball ùr fhaicinn an seo. Gabh a-steach anns na deasbadan mas urrainn dhuit!

It's always good to see a new member here. Please join in the discussions if you can!
Dèan buil cheart de na fhuair thu!
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Fàilte chridheil ort!

I'm glad you made it in :D
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
agasgoil
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by agasgoil »

Welcome.
Are you taking a course, or learning on your own, a'Dhaibhidh?
RDavidP

Unread post by RDavidP »

I am learning on my own right now. I heard that there is a Gaelic group that meets on Saturdays and is an hour or so drive south of where I live. I would like to try to attend atleast one Saturday a month, but with my work schedule I wouldn't have the time. Currently I am using the online sources of TAIC and Beag air Bheag, and have the book and CDs of "Teach Yourself Scots Gaelic." I did find a few videos of "Can Seo" on You Tube. Most of the time I use TAIC or Beag air Bheag more than I use the book.

In a classroom setting, I am able to pick up a language real quick. I had two years of Spanish in middle school and three years of Latin in High School, with the third year being self study because I was the only one who signed up for Latin III. I also had two semesters of French in college. I did not do as good with French as I did with Spanish and Latin. In college, I really did not have much time for French.
chris-1961
Language Level: beginner - intermediate

Unread post by chris-1961 »

RDavidP wrote:I am learning on my own right now. I heard that there is a Gaelic group that meets on Saturdays and is an hour or so drive south of where I live. I would like to try to attend atleast one Saturday a month, but with my work schedule I wouldn't have the time. Currently I am using the online sources of TAIC and Beag air Bheag, and have the book and CDs of "Teach Yourself Scots Gaelic." I did find a few videos of "Can Seo" on You Tube. Most of the time I use TAIC or Beag air Bheag more than I use the book.

In a classroom setting, I am able to pick up a language real quick. I had two years of Spanish in middle school and three years of Latin in High School, with the third year being self study because I was the only one who signed up for Latin III. I also had two semesters of French in college. I did not do as good with French as I did with Spanish and Latin. In college, I really did not have much time for French.
Halò Daibhidh. Ciamar a tha thu an-diugh? :D

'S mise Crìsdean agus tha mi a fuireach ann an Penicuik, Alba.

Hello David. How are you today?

My name is Chris and I live in Penicuik, Scotland.

Firstly, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy learning Gàidhlig. I am currently learning Gàidhlig also and am part way through a course at college. My course tutor is really pleased with my progress so far and I hope to pass the exam when it comes around which will be sometime after my assessment. That will hopefully be in a few weeks time.

Mar sin leat an-dràsta agus mòran taing.
Coinneach Cìr
Rianaire

Unread post by Coinneach Cìr »

Halò a Dhàibhidh agus fàilte chridheil oirbh!! :D

Hello David and a warm [hearty] welcome to you
agasgoil

Unread post by agasgoil »

Daibhidh,
Those are all good resources that you are using. I refer to them often. You will find a few distance courses on-line also, if you are interested, but some are quite expensive.
I wish that there was a Gaelic group near me, even an hour away! As it is, I seem to be the only Gaelic learner in Nevada!!
Well, good luck with the Gaelic.
neoni

Unread post by neoni »

no sorry
ScotiaBalach
Language Level: Mediocre

Unread post by ScotiaBalach »

RDavidP wrote:I am learning on my own right now. I heard that there is a Gaelic group that meets on Saturdays and is an hour or so drive south of where I live. I would like to try to attend atleast one Saturday a month, but with my work schedule I wouldn't have the time. Currently I am using the online sources of TAIC and Beag air Bheag, and have the book and CDs of "Teach Yourself Scots Gaelic." I did find a few videos of "Can Seo" on You Tube. Most of the time I use TAIC or Beag air Bheag more than I use the book.

Those are really good courses your are using, I use them myself. I'm more than likely at the same position as you in learning Gàidhlig, but glad that I'm not the only one!
Àdhamh Ó Broin

Unread post by Àdhamh Ó Broin »

Feumaidh mi ràdh gun do chòrd 'Can Seo' rium gu mòr! Tha e gu math èibhinn 's tha an coltas 70's direach math fhèin!

I must say that 'Can Seo' was greatly enjoyable to me! It's very funny and the 70's style is grand!
www.facebook.com/droitseach