Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:51 am
- Forum: Gràmar, Fuaimean is Gnàths / Grammar, Sounds and Expressions
- Topic: Negative of "Is"
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5414
I suspect that phonetics is mainly at work here with tusa ~ thusa . Remember that th was pronounced [θ] back in the day. It's near impossible to pronounce s+th [sθ], it naturally assimilates to [st], so this probably blocked the lenition of the original t . A sort of parallel 'blocked mutation' is f...
- Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 pm
- Forum: Dà-chànanach / Bilingual
- Topic: Ciamar a tha an t-sìde / How's the weather?
- Replies: 1130
- Views: 330489
Uill, bha dìle anns a' ghleann ann a seo. Cha robh ach uisge ri faicinn o thaobh ri taobh thall 'sa bhos. Ach a-nise tha an talamh tioram air nochdadh a-rithist.
- Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:32 am
- Forum: Iomradh is Ceanglaichean / Reference and Links
- Topic: Top tips for new Gaelic learners?
- Replies: 50
- Views: 90492
I have to agree with the previous post (even though it was over a year ago). With regard to (2), I've found Gàidhlig to be harder than most languages to understand when spoken. I've see 'speech training' drills, and they're essential, but what about 'ear training'? Shouldn't there be materials speci...