Halo I'm New/ Gaidhlig conversation evenings tuesday night

Sgrìobh 'sa Ghàidhlig is Beurla / Write in Gaelic and English
Forum rules
Sgrìobh a h-uile rud gu dà-chànanach / Write everything bilingually
Lewis77
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Halo I'm New/ Gaidhlig conversation evenings tuesday night

Unread post by Lewis77 »

Hallo my name is Lewis and I'm new, although I have tried to learn oor language before.

I'm from Edinburgh but glad to see I'm not the only one from Auld Reekie on here and not the only Hibee which is good!

I'm really looking to be telt what I should learn first, what should I study first and then what should I move onto? I so desperately want te learn my Grandmothers/Our language so I suppose I'm looking for a mentor/mentors te guide me through this process!

Also I've been telt aboot the Gaidhlig conversation evenings on tuesday night in toon(Edinburgh). I've been telt they are really good, has anyone here been to them, if so what was your experience of the evenings.

Thankyou for any help,

O the best te ye,

Louie.
Last edited by Lewis77 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neas Olc
Language Level: Briste

Unread post by Neas Olc »

Uill try out 'taic' for grammar support: http://www.taic.me.uk/taic.html
Other than that I can't help out massively, being a learner myself. Good on you for starting though.
neoni
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by neoni »

the conversation classes are good but aren't suitable for complete beginners. you're best bet is to try and enroll in a class or pick up some teach yourself books and work through them for a couple weeks, then pop down to the conversation circle full of questions and ready to practice what you've learnt.