mucan

Na tha a' tachairt ann an saoghal na Gàidhlig agus na pàipearan-naidheachd / What's happening in the Gaelic world and the newspapers
neoni
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by neoni » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ap ... -tomlinson
The man who died during last week's G20 protests was "assaulted" by riot police shortly before he suffered a heart attack, according to witness statements received by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

neoni

Unread post by neoni » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 pm

GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 pm

I understand how you feel, but let's wait until we have more evidence - the article clearly says "may have"
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam

neoni

Unread post by neoni » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:53 pm

the idea that it is a coincidence that he was attacked for no reason by police and minutes later had a heart attack is absurd

the police story that "bottles rained down on him" is also absurd - the video clearly shows ONE being thrown, immediately followed by every one else telling them to stop.

even if their attack didn't kill him, it is still horrific that they acted like that.

neoni

Unread post by neoni » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 pm

so now it comes out that it wasn't a heart attack but internal bleeding that killed him - still an unhappy coincidence, though, right?

also;
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 122553.ece

TO SERVE AND PROTECT

the banks and themselves

the sheer volume of complaints coming in now shows one of two things;
at best the police, as an institution, have no control over individual officers who clearly want to cause problems, and at worst there are deep systemic problems whereby violence is promoted. take your pick.

horogheallaidh
Maor

Unread post by horogheallaidh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 pm

one policeman that killed an innocent bystander does not make the entire police force, throughout the length and breadth of the UK, filthy murdering scum....

every place has its amadain :roll:

Seonaidh

Unread post by Seonaidh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 pm

A bheil fios agad air Peterloo? A bheil cuimhne agad air stailc nam mèinnear? Dè dreuchd nam poilis? Chan eil "deep systemic problems" annta agus, sa bhitheantas, tha smachd aig na poilis air na h-oifigearan aca. Seo cumhachd airson toil na duthcha a ghlèidheadh agus, air sgàth sin, uaireannan bidh iad glè fhoirneartach. Tha iad a' dèanamh an obair aca: a bheil sin obair a dh'fhaodar a dèanamh, sin a' cheist.