Search for three Gaelic Poets

An toil leat ceòl, bàrdachd no ealain sam bith eile? Am faca tu rudeigin inntinneach air an TBh? Innse dhuinn air / Do you like music, poetry or any other art form? Did you see anything interesting on the telly? Tell us about it
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Search for three Gaelic Poets

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Got this in an e-mail:
About four years ago, I sent some of a new type of Poetry to the literary Group conFAB. Its Producer Rachel Jury obtained Funding and performers to put on a show of this new type of Multi-Voice Poetry.

I have always wanted to use more than one language as part of the Poetry Performance and thought Gaelic would be a good language to try. The Producer immediately agreed and the other performers in the Group also thought this could work.

Rachel Jury (the Producer) has been working on finding contacts and funding for the last two years. During this time, the performers of our Group (Chromatic Voices) have been performing at Human Rights events, at Theatres, and at the Scottish Parliament. We have also featured on Radio Café.

Just last week, Rachel told us all the good news that she had obtained funding for the project to go ahead. As part of this we will be touring in the Highlands and Islands, and in sunny Glasgow.

We need to find three new-not necessarily well known-and passionate Gaelic Poets. We will be having auditions in about a Month's time. For the past two years I have been attending Adult Beginner Classes in Gaelic at the Gaelic School in Glasgow, but honestly am still a beginner.

Ashby McGowan (one of the performers and writers from Chromatic Voices)

I attend beginner Gaelic Classes on a Monday Evening at the Gaelic School. The group of Poets I perform with-Chromatic Voices - have featured on Radio and have performed at the Scottish Parliament, as well as numerous other venues. We are a very Theatrical Group who try to take Performance Poetry to its limits. For the last two years we have been supported by the literary Group conFAB - who have recently managed to obtain Funding for us to put on a show of mixed Gaelic and English original verse. conFAB are looking for three writers / Poets from the Gaelic tradition to join our Group for a series of Collaboration weekends, to be followed by Rehearsals and a Tour in August. Participants will be paid. Anyone who is fluent in Gaelic and can write or act can contact Rachel Jury of conFAB at the contact address below. This show will-as far as I know-be the first of its kind anywhere.

Ashby McGowan

CHROMATIC VOICES are a Group of performance Poets who are supported by the literary organisation, conFAB. Funding has been obtained for Chromatic Voices to work with three writers / Poets from the Gaelic tradition to produce a show of mixed Gaelic and English verse. conFAB ask any imaginative and enthusiastic writers / poets from the Gaelic tradition to contact them for more information.

Collaboration Weekends: Sabhal Mor Ostaig, Isle of Skye

Fri 21st May - Sunday 23rd

Saturday 5th June - Monday 7th June

Rehearsals:

19th July - 31st July: 10am - 6pm

Tour:

31st July 2010 - 15th August

producer: Rachel Jury
phone: 07811 394 058
email: admin (at) confab.org.uk

Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
Seonaidh
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by Seonaidh »

Inntinneach. Glè inntinneach. Ach chan eil mi nam bhàrd sa Ghàidhlig. Sa Chuimris, tha. Sa Bheurla, 's dòcha. Tha mi 'n dòchas gum bi iad a' lorg dhaoine.