A bheil cuimhne agad air 'Can Seo?'

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
Gràisg
Rianaire
Language Level: Caran robach sna laithean seo

A bheil cuimhne agad air 'Can Seo?'

Unread post by Gràisg »

ceann-feachd
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by ceann-feachd »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlQlw9H ... re=related

Sin e an dàrna pàirt dheth. Tha e glè mhath, ach dè an t-ainm a tha air an òran a thòisicheas aig 3:46 agus a tha air a sheinn leis na caileagan? Tha an t-òran glè bhrèagha, agus chan urrainn dhomh fhaighinn lorg air idir! :(

Is e "Fàgail Bharraidh" an t-ainm a tha air an dàrna òran; am fear leis a' chlàrsaich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlQlw9H ... re=related
That's the second part of it. It's very good, but what's the name of the song that starts at 3:46 and is sung by the girls? The song is very beautiful, and I can't find it at all! :(

"Fàgail Bharraidh" is the name of the second song; the one with the harp.
Coinneach Cìr
Rianaire
Language Level: Fileanta

Unread post by Coinneach Cìr »

Saoildh mi gur e "Gàidhlig Bharraigh" a th' air an amhran ach chan eil mi cinnteach. Gheibh mi a-mach....

I think the song is called "Gàidhlig Bharraigh" but I'm not sure. I'll find out....
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Chan eil cuimhne agamsa air. Chan eil Flash aig coimpiutair mo mhàthar, bheir mi sùil air aig àm eile.

I don't remember it. My mother's comp has no Flash, so I'll have a look some other time.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
Cèid
Language Level: Math gu leòr
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Unread post by Cèid »

There's 9 episodes on YouTube so far. I don't know if he'll put more up or not. He says he got these from a BitTorrent download, but I've only ever found the Torrent file for the book. If anyone knows where to find the Bit Torrent file of the videos, I would be very grateful.

I find these very useful for listening to people speak Gàidhlig, plus it's a nice way for some repetition of basic phrases. I especially like how the speakers' diction is good and easily understood. It's also nice to be able to hear and see women speaking Gàidhlig, since I'm a woman. :D Most of the audio stuff I have is with male voices, which is fine, but it's good to hear one's own gender speaking when learning a language. 8-)
yellow-ceitidh

Unread post by yellow-ceitidh »

I couldn't get the book file to open properly... :(
Cèid
Language Level: Math gu leòr
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

Unread post by Cèid »

The BitTorrent file needs a BitTorrent client application to open it. :? I downloaded Azureus and was able to open it that way.

If that doesn't work for you, I could try emailing you the opened Adobe file, although it's pretty big.

The book's also pre-GOC, so it has the older spellings and accents. It doesn't cover a whole lot of vocabulary and it focuses mainly on conversational Gàidhlig, but it's nice for extra practice and reading. You can do all the exercises in the book without the videos, although the videos are nice to have too (if only I had them all :gulach: ).