Audio recording Teach Yourself Gaelic (R.Mackinnon)

Ciamar a chanas mi.... / How do I say...
Coigreach
Language Level: Beginner
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Audio recording Teach Yourself Gaelic (R.Mackinnon)

Unread post by Coigreach »

I started the Gaelic language many years ago with this book, I bought it when Internet was not yet existing; when in 1992 they started renewing the old blue cover of the TY series, they printed the old edition with this written on the back: "Also available in a book cassette pack" but probably it was a mistake.

Ever since I bought this book I've been looking for the audio recording but it looks like the message on the back of the book was wrong.
They never made it.
The book by Roderick Mackinnon (1972) has this ISBN-10 : 0340151536, the next one is by Boyd Robertson and has the tapes bundled.

I was wondering if anyone mothertongue Gaelic could supply at least a few pages of recording for this book since nowadays it is very easy to do it with a smart phone.
I strongly appreciate someone (possibly) without English accent because otherwise I would do it myself with my own. :lol:

I post the images of the cover of the 2 different editions: "1992 Roderick Mackinnon" and the next one "1993 Boyd Robertson" which indeed has the original recording.
Thank you

P.S.
Is it not possible to post on this forum the images of the books ?

GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Re: Audio recording Teach Yourself Gaelic (R.Mackinnon)

Unread post by GunChleoc »

I have limited webspace, so I have never anabled the attachment function. So, you'd have to host the images somewhere else and then link them.

I have an old edition of teach yourself Gaelic with an audio cassette. Send me a PM if you want it and we'll figure out how to get it to you.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
Coigreach

GunChleoc wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:08 pm I have limited webspace, so I have never anabled the attachment function. So, you'd have to host the images somewhere else and then link them.

I have an old edition of teach yourself Gaelic with an audio cassette. Send me a PM if you want it and we'll figure out how to get it to you.
Thank you very much for the answer !
If what you say is true, I will just faint... :lol:

I've been looking for that tape ever since and also many friends of mine... :moladh:
Coigreach

Anyway, the old edition of the book: "Teach Yourself Gaelic" (R. Mackinnon), can still be easily found second hand for sale on Amazon and the digital copy for download on the Internet.

What if I'm trying to do the recording myself ? Can someone correct my pronunciation ? Where can I post the audio files ?
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

For the audio files, you'd have to use an audio upload site to host, e.g. Soundcloud.

The best way to get your pronunciation corrected would be to find an online class though. You could try one of these:

https://gaeliccollege.edu/learn/online- ... -learning/

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/en/cursaichean ... inntrigidh
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
Coigreach

Hei ! Thank you very much !