Leabhar ùr: Multilingualism in Families

Càil sam bith eile / Anything else
faoileag
Maor

Leabhar ùr: Multilingualism in Families

Unread post by faoileag »

Multilingües des del bressol. Educar els fills en diverses llengües ['Multilingual from Birth. Raising Children in Different Languages'], by Anna Solé Mena

http://www10.gencat.cat/pres_casa_lleng ... 5&idioma=5
Aimed at multilingual families, Anna Solé Mena's book looks at the main factors involved in and the most widespread approaches to raising children to speak more than one language
11/2/2010

For many families, multilingualism is a way of life. The human mobility that characterises current times has resulted in couples within which each partner speaks a different mother tongue becoming more and more commonplace, and has increased the likelihood of them living in a social context in which they communicate with others and conduct their day-to-day activities in other languages.

The 26-year existence of The Bilingual Family Newsletter is testimony to the scale and relevance of the aforementioned phenomenon, as is the fact that the European Commission's website includes a specific page on the matter. Further evidence, if required, comes in the form of the networks for multilingual families springing up all over the world.

In the light of the above, the recent publication of Multilingües des del bressol. Educar els fills en diverses llengües ['Multilingual from Birth. Raising Children in Different Languages'], a book by Anna Solé Mena, could not have been better timed. The book aims to address the questions and doubts related to multilingualism which frequently arise as part of family life. To that end, it presents an overview of the criteria and recommendations that have emerged from research in the field, followed by case studies showing what has happened when the criteria in question have been applied in real life.

The book's publication has been promoted by the Linguamón-UOC Chair in Multilingualism.

Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Chan eil mi cinnteach carson a sgriobhadh neach "press release" anns a' Bheurla airson leabhar anns a' Chatalais.
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

'S dòcha air sgàth 's gu bheil a' Bheurla aig grunn dhaoine? :chafhios:

Seo an aon naidheachd sa Chatalà dhut http://www10.gencat.cat/pres_casa_lleng ... 5&idioma=1
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Uell tha, ach "seo leabhar 's tusa gun comas a leughadh"...?
Seonaidh

Unread post by Seonaidh »

Peró no parlo bé el català! A bheil fios aig neach air "L'Estaca", le Lluis Llach?
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Níall Beag wrote:Uell tha, ach "seo leabhar 's tusa gun comas a leughadh"...?
Saoil gu bheil daoine ann is barrachd na aon chànan acasan?

Tha Beurla is Portuguese is beagan Fraingis agam is saoilidh mi gum bithinn comasach gu leòr leabhar den leidhid a' leughadh. Chan bhithinn a' sireadh naidheachd mu dheidhinn sa Chatalà co-dhiù.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam