Overview of dialectal differences?

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Overview of dialectal differences?

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Is there any good resource that catalogues the major differences in Gaelic dialects?

I'm currently working on my teaching order for Gaelic, and I'm constantly being frustrated by vague phrases like "in some places" in some of the general learner materials. I want to build my syllabus in such a way as I can drop in the appropriate form for people from different places.
It's particularly important to me to get "geographically correct" Gaelic as I'm specifically working on something I call Gaelic for native non-speakers, ie a course for people who learnt as kids and subsequently lost the language, or people who can sort of understand when spoken to but can only reply in English. I'd feel kind of guilty giving them "someone else's" Gaelic.
Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: Overview of dialectal differences?

Unread post by Níall Beag »

I'll take the silence as a "no". :-(
faoileag
Maor

Re: Overview of dialectal differences?

Unread post by faoileag »

If anyone finds one for you, let me know too! ;-) One of my own wish-list items, together with a real, comprehensive, accessible, modern grammar book and a huge two-way (book) dictionary... :spors: