Pròiseact pod-chraolaidh aig Oilthigh Ghlaschu

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
conmaol

Pròiseact pod-chraolaidh aig Oilthigh Ghlaschu

Unread post by conmaol »

Tha Taigh na Gàidhlig aig Oilthigh Ghlaschu a' foillseachadh a' chiad phod-chraolaidh -

http://taighnagaidhlig.org/2011/11/21/a ... chraoladh/

Tha am pròiseact seo grunn amasan. One of these is to provide an opportunity for Gaelic learners to improve their listening comprehension by having access to a wider range of naturalistic audio. We are looking for ideas about how to support this in non-resource intensive ways. For example, we could create a discussion topic on Fòram na Gàidhlig for every episode for learners to discuss things they don't understand. We could create a wiki for learners to collaboratively transcribe the audio.

Dé ur beachd? Any ideas?

Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: Pròiseact pod-chraolaidh aig Oilthigh Ghlaschu

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Aon mholadh: compression.

There's too wide a dynamic range in the recording -- that is to say there's too big a difference between "quiet" and "loud". Laughter in particular really hits the ears hard, gu h-àraid tro fònaichean-chluais....
Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Why use compression at learn-podcasting.blogspot.com.
Seonaidh

Unread post by Seonaidh »

Compression? Dhomhsa, 's e dòigh stòraidh a th' ann an compression, mar RLC (run-length coding) nach adhbhraich caill agus MPEG a dh'adhbhraicheas caill. 'S math a dh'fhaodte gur e Filtering an rud a dh'iarrar.
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Cha robh Níall a-mach air WAV is MPEG, ach air compression àirde na fuaime. Nuair a bhios pàirt den fhuaim glè shàmhach is pàirt eile glè àrd, tha e doirbh ri èistachd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

@Mike: Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was mulling this over a bit.

I think we could start off with just one thread here to see if discussion takes off. We can always switch to a multi-thread model or even an extra subforum for this if there is lots of response.

Transciption is a very lengthy process. It would be a good excercise, but we might not be able to keep up with the episodes. So, you will have to think about which goal to set for those. It will be hard for leaners to do a transcription and you would need to have some reasonably fluent people among the transcription team. I don't know if a wiki or a forum would work bettter for working on the transcriptions. For members here, a wiki would mean an extra sign-up process and another link to remember to visit, but it wouldn't make a difference to the people who are doing the broadcasts, unless they already are members here.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam