Gaelic2012.org ??

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
faoileag
Maor

Gaelic2012.org ??

Unread post by faoileag »

This was posted by Fòram na Gàidhlig on Facebook. Anyone know any more about it? Who's behind it? ("We....")

I'm all for anything that gets people learning Gaelic, but if they're like me, they'll want to know who's initiated it and who they are giving their email address to.

http://www.gaelic2012.org/
Fàilte gu Gàidhlig 2012!

The Gaelic 2012 initiative will be launched on 1 January 2012.

We want to bring together a group of people who have decided to make learning Gaelic their New Year's Resolution for 2012. It is a well-known fact that collaborative language learning is more effective than doing it on your own. So, we will be making coordinated use of existing Gaelic learning websites and online forums to make learning Gaelic in 2012 as easy as possible.

If you would like to learn Gaelic in 2012, please enter your email address below, and we will get back to you before 1 January. Alternatively, you can email gaelic2012info@gmail.com, or bookmark this webpage and come back to visit in the New Year.

If you are not interested in learning Gaelic in 2012, but support the maintenance and enrichment of linguistic diversity in Scotland, please share this with all your friends.

Gràisg
Rianaire
Language Level: Caran robach sna laithean seo

Re: Gaelic2012.org ??

Unread post by Gràisg »

Saoilidh mi gum bi beagan a bharrachd fiosrachaidh bho GC ann an uine nach bi fada :)
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

Yep, I've been approched by them about taking part in the project. Still working out the details :)
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
faoileag
Maor

That still doesn't say who 'them' are! 8-)

I like knowing who I'm giving my email address to.
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

No it doesn't. We are working on compiling the info and there will be something posted here. The idea started off with some students at Uni Glasgow, and there are some more local organisations in Glasgow involved in this. I don't have the full list yet.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
Gràisg
Rianaire
Language Level: Caran robach sna laithean seo

Unread post by Gràisg »

Seo beagan a bharrachd tighinn am barr air an làrach ud:

"About us - Gaelic 2012 is an informal, grassroots initiative, originating among students and staff at the University of Glasgow, aimed at promoting online, collaborative, community-driven approaches to Gaelic learning. Gaelic 2012 is being run in association with Fòram na Gàidhlig and Gaelic Glasgow. At the end of the year, we intend to collaboratively produce an evaluation report about the initiative, which will be made public." :)
faoileag
Maor

Fada nas fheàrr! :priob: