Back on the rails again...

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
sr3nitygirl

Back on the rails again...

Unread post by sr3nitygirl »

So I took a wee bit of a break from Gaelic over the last few weeks (except for reading posts here on FnG), but I'm back on the rails again and looking forward to starting the next phase of my studies with the AGA in September.

As preparation, I'm going back over all of my materials from the last phase (2011-2012), plus watching a lot of early Speaking Our Language (Sreathan 1-2) and listening to the Muriel Fisher course (Levels 1-2) again.

The nice thing is that I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the material, and my practice partner and I have already moved on a bit from that, plus (as some of you already know) I'm always willing to give myself enough rope to hang myself, grammatically-speaking by trying to learn and use stuff that maybe I shouldn't at this stage in the game, but it's all good fun. :spors:

I hope you are all doing well in your own studies, and I wish you all luck and success in the upcoming academic year.

Lìosa
Language Level: Beginner

Re: Back on the rails again...

Unread post by Lìosa »

I was wondering where you've been, since we haven't been active on Pluto's page since the Olympics (I really miss that!).

We're trying (once again) with Muriel's course 1, and I'm determined to get past the first couple of pages this time. :priob: I'm even requiring my son to practice with our friend, who is a bit more advanced, whenever we meet up with him at festivals and such so he can talk to somebody besides me! :P
sr3nitygirl

Been busy, plus dealing with other stuff.
But I'm back again and listening live to the show (although Derek is out this week and part of next - I believe Niall Iain is holding down the fort this week.

I'm bouncing between levels 3 and 4 on Muriel Fishers course, but last week, I went all the way back to Levels 1 and 2 just for review and quite enjoyed it.
Keep at it. It's not nearly as difficult as it might seem at first - although that's with hindsight. I had to really push myself to get to the end of level 1.
Lìosa

Unread post by Lìosa »

How are you getting to hear Derek live?? It's still telling me it's unavailable live, but I can now get the shows on replay (couldn't for awhile).

We're going very slowly on Muriel's course...only about half a page per week. Pronunciation's going to be the big thing with my son because he can't roll his R's yet. :priob:
sr3nitygirl

Lìosa wrote:How are you getting to hear Derek live?? It's still telling me it's unavailable live, but I can now get the shows on replay (couldn't for awhile).
Well, I could tell you, but then, contractually, I'd have to kill you... :lol:

Seriously, I am using a VPN service which makes my IP address appear in the UK, thus getting around the block. It's also useful for watching BBC iPlayer programs (including BBC Alba)...

But don't tell the BBC... seriously, don't even mention it :P

There's a thread on here somewhere about it, but I can't find it right now.

Check out http://vpnuk.co.uk/
Lìosa

Unread post by Lìosa »

Oh, yeah... :priob:
sr3nitygirl

I believe that the internet feed block for RnG comes off this week, on the 13th I think (given that the Olympics are all done, not sure why the 13th, but anyway...).

All registered for my next year with the AGA... looking forward to it.
faoileag
Maor

Unread post by faoileag »

It's great to get a sense that so many people are still with us and are starting off on a new school year of learning and progress in their Gaelic! :moladh: :D

'S math a rinn sibh! Fuirichibh còmhla rinn agus saoilidh mi gum bi sinn uile ann gus ur cuideachadh cho math 's a ghabhas, mar as àbhaist! :priob:

Well done! Stay with us and I imagine we'll all still be here to help you as best we can, as usual!
sr3nitygirl

Tha mi toilichte sin a chluinntinn 's tha mi glè thoilichte gu bheil sibhse an-seo :)

I'm happy to hear that and I'm very happy that you're here!