S...Skype... and embarrassing myself

Cleachdaibh seo gus còmhraidhean Skype a chur air cois / Use this to arrange Skype meetings
jasonleitch
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

S...Skype... and embarrassing myself

Unread post by jasonleitch »

Hi, I haven't been on the site in some time, I don't even remember what my last post was, and for those of you who know me you know I have no formal training in the language but I try. For a long time I've really wanted someone to talk to over Skype, not necessarily about Gaelic subject all the time but it'd be very interesting to me to get to know a speaker, and tune my ears amongst other things. I'm not very advanced and the first few weeks would probably be horrible but with my resources and schedule it almost seems like it's make or break for me on picking up some important things up early on. I'm not looking for a teacher by any means, just a friend. I'd love the experience and being far from home it's kinda what I need some times to keep me right. Tha a gràdh agam air cànan seo, but I can only learn so much from books and my vocab suuuuuuuucks. I don't need to be another random name on someones Skype, if you really would like to talk, it'd be nice. I say embarrassing myself cuz it's kind of a big deal for me.

And in case you wanna know what you're getting yourself into, 25, male, out spoken, educated, looking forward to my next laugh and dying to know this language. Also been up for 24 hours working and this seems like a good idea at the time lol let's hope so later eh?

Albannach ann Na Stàitean.

GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach

Re: S...Skype... and embarrassing myself

Unread post by GunChleoc »

I'm a bit lazy about Skyping these days, but you can always try to catch me. My username is bratzbert.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
faoileag
Maor

Unread post by faoileag »

Ditto, faoileag1. :D

And Doug is always worth trying - he is fluent but patient, is online a lot and enjoys talking Gaelic internationally.
dougfraser

Have a look at the Skype name lists and try to contact people - leave messages.

http://www.foramnagaidhlig.net/foram/vi ... =31&t=2262
Faolan
Language Level: Beginner22Q3

Unread post by Faolan »

Halò, a Jason

Tha mi a' fuireach anns na Stàitean Aoinaichte cuideachd, 's tha mi ag ionnsachadh Gàidhlig. Mar a tha thu ag iarraidh, is urrainn dhomh a bhruidhinn leat air an Skype. Air an Skype, is mise FaolanMacaoidh. Chan ealanta a th'annam, ach ni mi dè 's urrainn dhomh.

I live in the United States too, and I'm learning Gaidhlig. If you want, I can speak with you on Skype. My Skype name is FaolanMacaoidh. I'm not an expert, but I do what I can.
faoileag
Maor

Unread post by faoileag »

There you go, Jason - bite the bullet! :spors:

(Did you ever give us your own Skype name? Can't remember. Best to re-post it here. )
An Gobaire
Language Level: Fileanta

Unread post by An Gobaire »

Steafan28 is mine.

I am on the computer a lot so not a skyper really but do go on for leisure reasons too sometimes!
Dèan buil cheart de na fhuair thu!
jasonleitch

Unread post by jasonleitch »

Guys thanks, sorry for the late reply. I'm trying for a promotion, saving to come back home for 2 weeks, flights finally booked AND moving to Seattle at the time same, it's been crazy. I'm not much of a conversationalist but learning quick and not giving up, finally at a stage where I can read most of An Litir Bheag, no.. bu choir dhomh a bhruidhinn "na litrichean beaga"? ... 'S e sin math co-dhiù , nach e? Lol always pushin me faoileag thank you, I will. I'll add all of you. Air an Skype 's mise "Seusan Mac an Lighiche" ach 'S e m' ainm-cleachdaidh "Maclighiche" airson càraidean luchd na Beurla agam a tha eòlach annam (bha sin dian-thograch...tha mi 'n dòchas gun cha do rinn mi brochan dheth). Had to get creative with Jason (I can thank Akerbie for that) if it's good enough for Seumas it's good enough for me.