What does the Future hold for Gaeilge and Gaidhlig?

Sgrìobh 'sa Ghàidhlig is Beurla / Write in Gaelic and English
Forum rules
Sgrìobh a h-uile rud gu dà-chànanach / Write everything bilingually
Gaeilgeoir2008
Corrections: I'm fine either way

What does the Future hold for Gaeilge and Gaidhlig?

Unread post by Gaeilgeoir2008 »

:D

Dia Dhaoibh!

Ba mhaith liom ceist a chur oraibh. Céard a cheapann sibh faoi todchaí an Ghaeilge agus an Ghaidhlig?
An ndéantar iarracht maith chun tionsnaimh idir an dá réigiúnacha teangacha a chur faoi lán seol agus a fhorbairt?

Tá a fhios agam go bhfuil Iomairt Cholm Chille ann. Ach an ndéanann an iomairt seo iarracht maith chun na naisc idir Gaeilge 's Gaidhlig a chur chun chinn?

What do you think of the future of Irish and Gaelic.?

Is enough being done to forge and develop links between the two language regions?

I know of the Iomairt Cholm Chille project, but is it doing enough to develop these links through projects between both Irish-Gaelic and Scottish-Gaelic?

There's an Irish saying that "Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid", that we all live in each others shadow. We have a shared past, a unique culture and language it seems a shame that we should have to face the future separately and alone. :)

neoni

Unread post by neoni »

i was working on a book today (guth na bliadhna) with articles all from about 100 years ago, some in irish and some in gaelic and it was interesting how much more similar they looked then than they do now

an dà sgillin agam mus tèid mi a leabaidh - tioraidh! :P
Neas Olc
Language Level: Briste

Unread post by Neas Olc »

Cha nel fys ayms mysh Gaeilge as Gàidhlig, agh ta Gaelg 'sy check my ta'n jees elley lhiggey harree ooilley'n traa. :lol:

I dunno about Gaeilge and Gàidhlig, but Gaelg is really messed if the other two ignore it like they usually do. :lol:
neoni

Unread post by neoni »

nee'm ynsaghey :(
*Alasdair*
Language Level: Gu math siubhalachd

Unread post by *Alasdair* »

Neas Olc wrote:Cha nel fys ayms mysh Gaeilge as Gàidhlig, agh ta Gaelg 'sy check my ta'n jees elley lhiggey harree ooilley'n traa. :lol:

I dunno about Gaeilge and Gàidhlig, but Gaelg is really messed if the other two ignore it like they usually do. :lol:
"Cha nel fys ayms mysh Gaeilge as Gàidhlig" - I can see the resemblance here between the three languages, but after that it looks like a mixture of Welsh and Scots jumbled together...

I thought gaelic was confusing to learn - That looks very hard. May i ask how you are learning it? There aren't exactly an abundance of books about...
Neas Olc
Language Level: Briste

Unread post by Neas Olc »

Wahll jeer cha nel veg Bretnish ayn, t'ee gollrish Gaelg ny Albey lesh grammar aashagh screeuit lesh lettraghey lieh-Bretnagh. Ta stoo ry-gheddyn er-lhinney my t'ou jeeaghyn er-e-son mie dy liooar. :D T'ee jeeaghyn doillee agh she çhengey feer aashagh ish my t'ou abyl jannoo ymmyd jee mennick dy liooar (agh cha voddyms).

Well there's technically no Welsh in it, it's more like grammatically simplified Scots Gaelic written with a semi-Welsh writing system. :D There's stuff available online if you look well enough. It looks hard but it's an easy language if you're able to make use of it frequently enough (which I can't).
deardron

Unread post by deardron »

Tha mi a' creidsinn gum bi an suidheachadh an aon a bheil e à-nis, thèid na cànanan le chèile an cleachdadh ann am pobal beag, beagan % ann an gach tìr.

I believe the situation will be the same as now, both languages will be used within a small community of few % in each country.
neoni wrote:i was working on a book today (guth na bliadhna) with articles all from about 100 years ago, some in irish and some in gaelic and it was interesting how much more similar they looked then than they do now.
Nach robh leasachaidh-litreachaidh ann anns a' Ghàidhlig is Ghailge bho chionn?

Weren't there made orthography reforms in both languages since that time?
neoni

Unread post by neoni »

bha, goc blàsta brèagha :)