Cúrsaí Gáidhlig/ Gaelic Courses

Deasbaid air cùrsaichean chànain amsaa. / Anything about language courses etc.
Dáithí Mac Giolla
Language Level: Tá Beagán Gaelainne agam
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Cúrsaí Gáidhlig/ Gaelic Courses

Unread post by Dáithí Mac Giolla »

Conas tánn sibh,

Tá Ceisteanna agam le cur chuigaibh mar gheall ar na cúrsaí Gáidhlig , Ach níl aon Gáidhlig agam in aon chor, mar sin tá súil agam go mbeadh sé ceart go leor i mBéarla.

I was wondering, in the opinions of the people on this board, what are the best adult language courses in the Scottish Gaeltachts/Gàidhealtachd.

Also do they teach much of the local dialect and does the strength of the language in the community have much bearing on the effectiveness/enjoyment of the course?

míle buíochas Thanks a million

aspiringpolyglot
Language Level: Beginner
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Re: Cúrsaí Gáidhlig/ Gaelic Courses

Unread post by aspiringpolyglot »

(Gabh mo leisgeul, ach chan eil Gàidhlig mhath agam)

Tha fios agam air dà cursaichean na Gàidhlig, Beag air Bheag agus Speaking Our language. Bruidhinnidh mi air Beag air Bheag. 'S e tòrr faclair an sin, ach chan eil tòrr gràmar.

I know of two Scottish Gaelic courses, Beag air Bheag and Speaking Our Language. I'll tell you about Beag air Bheag. There's a lot of vocabulary, but there isn't much grammar.

I'll elaborate only in English, since my Gaelic isn't that great. Essentially they kind of teach you what you can say, but less about why you say it that way. I learned that Tha Beurla agam is "I speak English," but I never learned why you don't say "tha," when someone's saying "Chan eil Beurla agam," for example. Now, maybe they cover that later than twelve lessons into the course, but I just never really got that.
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Re: Cúrsaí Gáidhlig/ Gaelic Courses

Unread post by GunChleoc »

You can find courses on http://learngaelic.net/

I have never done a hsort course myself, so I don't know what's out there. I have done some long-term courses with Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. How much and which dialect you get depends on who the teacher is.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam