GPS in Gàidlhig?

Pròiseactan mar Google in Your Language, an Uicipeid, Firefox, Thunderbird, Opera, LibreOffice/OpenOffice, phpBB, Scrabble is dearbhadairean / Projects like Google in Your Language, Wikipedia, Firefox, Thunderbird, Opera, LibreOffice/OpenOffice, phpBB, Scrabble and spell checkers
Marie THOW

GPS in Gàidlhig?

Unread post by Marie THOW »

Hello,

My GPS Tom-Tom in Gàidhlig, Is it possible?
Thank you for your help.

GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

GPS in Gàidlhig?

Unread post by GunChleoc »

TomTom is a commercial product, so we can't just go ahead and tr*nsl*t* at our will.

The only navigation-related thing that we have in Gaelic is https://www.openstreetmap.org/ - I translated the user interface a while ago. Accessing the Gaelic place names is a bit difficult though - they set the language by country, which is English for all of the UK. The Welsh have solved that problem by adding both Welsh and English to the "English" version of the name, but we don't have anybody who would input all that data. They are working on real multilingual display of placenames, but it is still experimental.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam
akerbeltz
Rianaire
Language Level: Barail am broinn baraille
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

GPS in Gàidlhig?

Unread post by akerbeltz »

We're looking into some GPS systems which allow you to create translations but we're a bit snowed under right now. It's on the list though.

If someone has experience with this, please do come forward and maybe we can do something more quickly.
Marie THOW

GPS in Gàidlhig?

OK thank you for the reply. I know very well OpenStreetMap , I've "mapping" (It's the name using in french , I don't know if it's the same in english) my region on OSM, but I Use Tom tom in my car. It's a pity I can put irish gaelic on it but not scottish gaelic :(
It' curious because (may be I'm wrong) anybody can add a voice in any language in Tom tom. :
https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-n ... ic/11.html
akerbeltz
Rianaire
Language Level: Barail am broinn baraille
Corrections: Please don't analyse my Gaelic

GPS in Gàidlhig?

Unread post by akerbeltz »

If you find out what the strings are and how to get them bundled into the right format, I can arrange for good quality translations and recordings.
Marie THOW

GPS in Gàidlhig?

I will search!! :D
GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

GPS in Gàidlhig?

Unread post by GunChleoc »

I have sent a text tr*nsl*t**n to Akerbeltz. Thanks for the research :)
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam