Level of Gàidhlig through self study

Goireasan ionnsachaidh, ceanglaichean feumail is mar sin / Gaelic learning resources, useful links etc.
Chaja
Language Level: True beginner
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by Chaja »

Feasgar maith

I was cleaning out my files and stumbled across my English diploma, it has been a couple of years but the mark caught my eye. It said that my proficiency level was C1. And I wondered about Gàidhlig, I can't seem to find to what level most self-study books go. I see myself as an absolute beginner, A1. But it would be nice to know how much I could achieve by using this or that method. Anyone knows more about this? For example I have teach yourself in twelve weeks, and teach yourself gaelic (1982?). But I have also enrolled in An Cùrsa Inntrigidh. Yet I can't find what I could achieve with the books and course.

I am sorry for my longwinding question, bit tired at the moment. Still have my hopes up that someone might help me out here though! Haha.

Tapadh leabh!

GunChleoc
Rianaire
Language Level: Mion-chùiseach
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Unread post by GunChleoc »

I think most Gaelic lerners find themselves using a mix of methods. If you follow up the Cùrsa Inntrigidh with the Cùrsa Adhartais, you will be fluent - not C2, but fluent enough. Unless you're shy and not talking much, or don't have enough time to do the course work properly.

All the learning materials you mentioned start at the beginning, so pick the ones that suit you best personally. When you have reached the end of the book/course, you will know enough to choose the next step or ask for recommendations again.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Na dealbhan agam