Forum rules
Sgrìobh a h-uile rud gu dà-chànanach / Write everything bilingually
Dante F.
Language Level: Weak
Corrections: Please correct my grammar

Help in pronunciation of Scottish Gaelic

Unread post by Dante F. »

Gàidhlig
Feumaidh fios a bhith agam ciamar a dh ’ainmicheas mi an abairt seo a tha mi airson a choisrigeadh dha mo leannan:
¨tha mo ghaol dhut a ’dol thairis air na reultan, an àm ri teachd, an àm a dh’ fhalbh agus a h-uile càil.¨

Ma tha fios aig cuideigin mar as urrainn dhut an abairt seo fhuaimneachadh, fàgaidh mi am post-d agam air eagal ’s gun urrainn dhut claisneachd guth a chuir thugam.
post-d: [seòladh puist-d air a dhubhadh às le rianaire]

English

I need to know how to pronounce this phrase that I want to dedicate to my fiancee:
tha mo ghaol dhut a ’dol thairis air na reultan, an àm ri teachd, an àm a dh’ fhalbh agus a h-uile càil.

If someone knows how to pronounce this phrase, I will leave my email in case you can send me a voice audio.
email: [email address removed by moderator]

Níall Beag
Rianaire
Language Level: Fluent (non-native)
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: Help in pronunciation of Scottish Gaelic

Unread post by Níall Beag »

Unfortunately, what you've given us appears to be (like the rest of your post) a Google tr*nsl*t* version of something you've typed in in English, and it's not real Gaelic. As such, I'm not really sure there's any point knowing how to pronounce it.

If you want something genuinely Gaelic, I recommend paying a professional tr*nsl*t*r, who I'm sure will be happy to supply a voice recording to accompany your tr*nsl*t**n. Expect to be surprised by the quoted cost, though, as the complexity of tr*nsl*t*ng is not proportional to the length of the original text, and often short phrases like this are some of the most complicated. The tr*nsl*t*r will need to communicate back and forth with you to communicate over the specific intended meaning, why this isn't 100% possible and what alternative options you have.

It may not seem like it, but a good tr*nsl*t**n of this could be as much as half a day's work to get right.