GunChleoc wrote: Cuideachd
, is toigh leam cànanan
agus tha Beurla, Spàinnis/Spàinntis, Fraingis, Gearamailtis, Gàidhlig agus Seapanais agam a-nis
. Thòisich m' uidh ann an ionnsachadh chànanan
nuair a bha mi a' siubhal
. Tha mi an dòchas gum bi mi
ag ionnsachadh tuilleadh chànanan anns an àm ri teachd cuideachd
. Thòisich mi an
làrach-lìn agus am
a los a/a chum a bhith a' cuideachadh agus a' brosnachadh càch ach an ionnsaich iad cànanan cuideachd
. Tha mi an dòchas gun còrd e ribh
Cuideachd has no sràc on the i - try to use a spell checker? http://www.igaidhlig.net/en/category/spellchecking/
Once we're done with this paragraph, you could go over your first post again and edit it with what you're learned. Then we'll move on to the next paragraph.
Mòran taing! Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. Bha mi trang o chionn ghoirid. Ciamar a chanas mi 'thanks for your help' anns a Gàidhlig?
And now onto some questions about your corrections:
1) I noticed you changed the first bit to 'is toigh leam cànanan ionnsachadh' with the 2nd verb at the end. So whenever 'is toigh leam' ('I like') in used with another verb in Gaelic, e.g. 'I like learning...', etc, am I correct in thinking that the second verb has to go at the end of the sentence/clause (unlike in English)? Is this a general rule for all verbs that follow 'is toigh leam'?
2) I've seen the plural of 'cànan' as both 'cànanain' and 'cànanan' in the dictionaries, depending upon the context, e.g.on it's own it's listed as 'cànanain' but when saying 'more languages' it seems to be 'tuilleadh chànanan'. Does it really matter which version is used, or are both plural forms correct in any context?
3) For the sentence 'I have been to many different places in the world, and my inspiration for learning languages started when I was travelling'
, is it best just to simplify it to the way you've put it, i.e. 'Thòisich m' uidh ann an ionnsachadh chànanan nuair a bha mi a' siubhal'
4) In the sentence, 'Thòisich mi an làrach-lìn agus am bloga agam
', does the 'agam' make it mean 'my blog' or 'the blog I have'. I've seen 'agam' used for 'I have' etc, but I think I recall it also means 'my' in some contexts too? But I've also seen my as 'mo' too, so would 'mo bloga' be interchangeable with 'bloga agam' here?
5) I noticed you replaced 'neachluchd/pearsachan' with 'càch ach' for 'people'. So are 'neachluchd/pearsachan' simply incorrect in this context, and also in the dictionary 'càch' seems to tr*nsl*t* to 'the others' or 'the rest'. So is that used for 'people' in this context? I think you can also say 'duine/daoine' for 'person/people' too if I'm correct?
6) 'Tha mi an dòchas gun còrd e ribh'
- does this literally mean 'I hope that you enjoy it
' rather than 'I hope that you like it'
? They're obviously very similar in meaning anyway so it wouldn't make much difference I guess.
As for updating my original post with the corrections, it seems that it doesn't give me the option to edit it, so perhaps after a certain amount of time that option expires? Perhaps the mods would be so kind as to make the edits, if not it's not the end of the world as I can still follow everything ok. I'll check out that spell checker also.
Also, on a side note, I realised my username is misspelled - it should be 'Polyglot2017', not 'Polygot2017'. Not sure how that happened, but is there any way that can be changed without losing the posts I've written here? If not, again it's no big deal.