Radio Free Cherokee - is eile....

Na tha a' tachairt ann an saoghal na Gàidhlig agus na pàipearan-naidheachd / What's happening in the Gaelic world and the newspapers
faoileag
Maor

Radio Free Cherokee - is eile....

Unread post by faoileag »

Chan ann mu Ghàidhlig fhèin a tha seo, ach buntainneach gu leòr.

Tha stèiseanan rèidio coimhearsnachd againne cuideachd is cuid dhiubh sa Ghàidhlig, no le Gàidhlig annta. (A bheil thu ann, Gordon Wells? :priob: )

Radio Free Cherokee: Endangered Languages Take to the Airwaves

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... es/261165/

Inntinneach gu bheil pàtranan ann coltach ri an seo, le luchd-ionnsachidh glè dhèanadach nach eil às a' chultur an sàs san gnothach cuideachd:
Davis, a blond-haired, blue-eyed Brit who fell in love with Native American literature in college and speaks Hopi ("people joke that I've created my own dialect"), believes that radio is the easiest way to counteract these bleak statistics. His station, KUYI, covers three counties, from the border of the Grand Canyon National Park, up to the Utah border, and down toward Winslow. Its programs include a junior and senior high school class that broadcasts in Hopi, a morning Sunday show aimed at small children, and cultural discussions for adults that are held according to the lunar calendar, in keeping with Hopi tradition.

Figearan glè bhròsnachail à New Zealand:
ollowing centuries of oppression that have marginalized minority languages, radio represents a modest but surprisingly promising way to reinvigorate the traditions keeping those languages alive. In the Maori community of New Zealand, for example, the combination of 21 radio stations and rigorous early childhood immersion programs have brought Maori-languages speakers from an all-time low of 24,000 in the 1980s to 131,000 in 2006, according to Mark Camp, deputy executive director at Cultural Survival.

"It's not a silver bullet, but it's an important piece," Camp says of radio. "If you don't have some sort of media—and radio is the best in our opinion—to counterbalance the predominant commercial media that is all in Spanish or in English, it makes language less of a modern, living thing. It becomes something that you might do with your grandparents."
agus faclan gu math 'Gàidhealach' à Hawaii:
As Kaimana Barcarse, the producer and lead DJ for KWXX (FM)'s Hawaiian-language radio show Alana I Kai Hikina, puts it, radio provides a way to ensure "the normalization of our language in our homelands. ... Broadcasting in our language allows us to share our paradigms, our worldviews, and the essence of our being."

Gordon Wells
Corrections: I'm fine either way

Re: Radio Free Cherokee - is eile....

Unread post by Gordon Wells »

faoileag wrote: (A bheil thu ann, Gordon Wells? :priob: )
Seadh, tha mi ann. :)

Coinneamh chudromach airson stèisean radio ùr ann an Uibhist a' tighinn suas:

http://guthan.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/ ... l-meeting/

Agus seo na h-agallamhan a rinn Nìall:

http://guthan.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/an-radio/